- fourth of the egg whites into batter, then fold in remaining whites.
- Pour into three greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out
- clean. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to
- cool completely.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until smooth. Beat in
- confectioners’ sugar and vanilla until fluffy. Stir in pecans.
- Spread frosting between layers and over top and sides of cake. Store
- in the refrigerator. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 988 calories, 55 g fat (25 g saturated fat), 168 mg cholesterol, 398 mg sodium, 119 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 10 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.