Italian Chicken Rice Soup Recipe
"I created this soup so my family and I could enjoy a satisfying sit-down meal on busy nights," writes Wendy Sorensen from Logan, Utah. "It's ready in no time but tastes like it simmered all day. Try adding fresh zucchini or using leftover turkey instead of chicken."
- 1 can (49-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 jar (26 ounces) meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1. In a Dutch oven, combine the broth, spaghetti sauce, chicken, parsley and thyme. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Stir in rice and sugar. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 10 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
1 serving (1 cup) equals 143 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 898 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 10 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC