- 1 can (49-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 jar (26 ounces) meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- In a soup kettle or Dutch oven, combine the broth, spaghetti sauce, chicken, parsley and thyme. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Stir in rice and sugar. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 10 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
Reviews forItalian Chicken Rice Soup
"This has become one of my favorite soups to make during the cold winter months. It has so much flavor and is so easy!"
"One of my favorites. Just had it again last weekend. This is one of the first recipes I made when I first subscribed to quick Cooking in 2003. I made it 3 years ago for our church lenten meals and now they ask for it every year. Thanks, Julie Kosnik, LaPorte, IN"