In-A-Hurry Hot Dog Dinner Recipe
- 1 package (1 pound) hot dogs, halved lengthwise and sliced
2 tablespoons butter,
- 2 medium onions, halved and sliced
- 3 celery ribs, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked noodles or rice
- 1. In a large skillet, cook and stir hot dogs in 1 tablespoon butter over medium-high heat until lightly browned; remove and keep warm.
- 2. In the same skillet, saute the onions, celery and green pepper in remaining butter until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add the tomatoes, oregano, paprika, pepper and hot dogs. Cook and stir until heated through. Serve with noodles or rice. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 cup: 331 calories, 27g fat (12g saturated fat), 53mg cholesterol, 957mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 2g fiber), 10g protein.
Reviews for In-A-Hurry Hot Dog Dinner
"Made this tonight for supper. Put it over brown and wild rice. Tasty and quick to make"
"made this today for supper .Put it over wild and brown rice. Tasty and quick to make."