In Niles, Ohio, Sandra Small combines sliced franks with plenty of green pepper, onions and tomatoes for this well-seasoned entree. "Serve it plain or over noodles or rice," she recommends.
Recommended: 30 Quick Dinners Ready in 30 Minutes or Less
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (1 pound) hot dogs, halved lengthwise and sliced
2 tablespoons butter,
- 2 medium onion, halved and sliced
- 3 celery ribs, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked noodles or rice
- In a large skillet, cook and stir hot dogs in 1 tablesppon butter over medium-hgih heat until lightly browned; remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute the onions, celery, green pepper and garlic in remaining butter until tender. Add the tomatoes, oregano, paprika, pepper and hot dogs. Cook and stir until heated through. Serve over noodles or rice. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as In-A-Hurry Hot Dog Dinner in Quick Cooking July/August 2004, p35
Reviews forIn-A-Hurry Hot Dog Dinner
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 18, 2010
"Made this tonight for supper. Put it over brown and wild rice. Tasty and quick to make"