- 1 package (1 pound) hot dogs, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 medium onion, halved and sliced
- 3 celery ribs, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked noodles or rice
- In a large skillet, cook and stir hot dogs in 1 tablesppon butter over medium-hgih heat until lightly browned; remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute the onions, celery, green pepper and garlic in remaining butter until tender. Add the tomatoes, oregano, paprika, pepper and hot dogs. Cook and stir until heated through. Serve over noodles or rice. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews forIn-A-Hurry Hot Dog Dinner
"Made this tonight for supper. Put it over brown and wild rice. Tasty and quick to make"