Iced Cinnamon Chip Cookies Recipe
I take these cookies to family gatherings and socials and give them as gifts to friends. The cinnamon flavor and soft frosting make them special. My mom helped me bake my first batch of cookies when I was 8. She's my role model.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (10 ounces) cinnamon baking chips
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1-1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Fold in cinnamon chips.
- 2. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine icing ingredients; beat on high speed for 1-2 minutes or until fluffy. Spread over cooled cookies. Yield: about 3-1/2 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 158 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 148 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC