Hot Potato Salad
Hot Potato Salad is a hearty side dish with old-fashioned flavor from Alpha Wilson of Roswell, New Mexico. Your hungry bunch will think you slaved over this simple salad.
4-6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 6 bacon strips
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 5 medium potatoes (about 2 pounds), peeled, cooked and sliced
- In a skillet, cook bacon until crisp. remove to paper towel to drain;
- crumble and set aside. In bacon drippings, saute the onion until
- tender. Remove from the heat. combine flour, sugar, salt, celery
- seed and pepper; stir into onion mixture. Add water and vinegar.
- Return to heat; cook, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a
- boil. Boil for 1 minute. Place potatoes and bacon in a large bowl;
- pour sauce over and toss gently. Serve warm. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 160 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 695 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.