Hot Kielbasa Dip
My husband and I are retired, and I like to look for simple, speedy ways to cook. This thick cheesy dip, with the unusual addition of sausage, goes together in a jiffy. Accompanied by crackers or fresh veggies, it's a hearty appetizer for a football party or family gathering.
-Mary Bondegard, Brooksville, Florida
24 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 8 ounces fully cooked Johnsonville® Polish Kielbasa Sausage or Polish sausage, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions, divided
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Assorted crackers or raw vegetables
- In a 1-1/2-qt. microwave-safe bowl, heat cream cheese, uncovered, on
- high for 45 seconds. Stir in the sour cream, milk, mayonnaise and
- Worcestershire sauce. Add the kielbasa, 1/4 cup of onions and
- Parmesan cheese; mix well.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high for 2-3 minutes or until heated
- through, stirring once. Sprinkle with remaining onions. Serve with
- crackers or vegetables. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: about 3
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 83 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 21 mg cholesterol, 154 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.