Hot Buttered Cider Mix Recipe
Put the butter base for this beverage in a decorative jar and attach a copy of the recipe for a great gift from your kitchen. You can omit the brandy for a kid-friendly version.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- EACH SERVING:
- 3/4 cup apple cider or juice
- 1 ounce apple brandy, optional
- 1. Beat butter and brown sugar until blended; beat in honey and spices. Transfer to an airtight container. Store in refrigerator up to 2 weeks.
- 2. To prepare hot buttered cider: In a microwave-safe mug, microwave apple cider until hot; stir in 1-1/2 teaspoons buttered cider mix and, if desired, brandy. Yield: 64 servings (2 cups cider mix).
3/4 cup prepared cider equals 136 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 40 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.
Reviews for Hot Buttered Cider Mix
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC