Hot Buttered Cider Mix
Put the butter base for this beverage in a decorative jar and attach a copy of the recipe for a great gift from your kitchen. You can omit the brandy for a kid-friendly version.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen
64 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS (for each serving):
- 3/4 cup apple cider or juice
- 1 ounce apple brandy, optional
- In a small bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in honey and spices. Transfer to an airtight container. Store
- in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- To prepare cider: In a small saucepan or microwave, heat apple cider
- until warm; stir in 1-1/2 teaspoons butter mixture. Pour into a mug.
- Add brandy if desired. Yield: 64 servings (2 cups cider mix).
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup (calculated without brandy) equals 136 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 40 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.