Hot Beef Cheddar Subs Recipe
Hot Beef Cheddar Subs are like cheesy sloppy joes tucked into hollowed-out crusty rolls. "My family devours these hearty and yummy sandwiches," says Marann Reilly of Lithia Springs, Georgia.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 4 submarine sandwich buns
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium green pepper, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 4 slices American cheese
- 1. Cut a thin slice off the top of each bun; set tops aside. Carefully hollow out bottoms, leaving a 1/2-in. shell. Set aside 1/2 cup bread.
- 2. In a large skillet, cook beef, green pepper and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the soup, Worcestershire sauce and reserved bread.
- 3. Spoon into buns; top each with a cheese slice. Replace tops. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 5-7 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC