Honey Whole Wheat Rolls Recipe
- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/4 to 2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- Additional melted butter
- 1. In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in water. Stir in the butter, honey, egg, whole wheat flour, oats, salt and 1 cup of all-purpose flour; beat until smooth. Add enough remaining all-purpose flour to form a soft dough.
- 2. Turn onto a floured surface; knead dough until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- 3. Punch dough down. Shape into 15 rolls. Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- 4. Bake at 375° for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Brush with butter. Yield: 15 rolls.
1 serving (1 each) equals 149 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 22 mg cholesterol, 194 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Honey Whole Wheat Rolls
"Delicious. Next time I would shape them into smaller rolls."
"Very good! I will use this recipe again."
"What delicious rolls!! They were not difficult to make for this first time wheat bread baker. This recipe will be one I will use again and again."
"Wonderful flavor and texture...recipe is very accurate...only downfall - ate way too much:) I plan to use this recipe often for our church dinners."
"I like this recipes because it's healthy and fast. Also it is just right for 2 people."
"Love, love, love these rolls! I usually add a little more whole wheat and a little less white flour, they still turn out fantastic!"
"I made these while visiting my family in CO...(I used bread flour instead of all-purpose flour and 1/8 cup more water.) They loved them and I will be making these again."
"It is delicious! I divided it into eight pieces and made sub rolls with it."
"Yum yum yum!! My family loved these. Serve them warm right out of the oven. I'll definitely be making these again."
"One of the very best whole wheat rolls ever! My family loved them. There will be no single batching in this house; double batches only!!!"