Honey Spiced Acorn Squash Recipe
"I've made this simple side dish for more than 35 years," says Alpha Wilson of Roswell, New Mexico. Cinnamon and ginger give a nice spiced flavor to the moist tender squash halves. You can use up the extra squash in the two recipes that follow.—Alpha Wilson, Roswell, New Mexico
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 medium acorn squash
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the honey, butter, salt, cinnamon and ginger. Cut squash in half; discard the seeds. Fill squash halves with butter mixture.
- 2. Place in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Cover and bake at 375° for 1 hour or until squash is tender. Uncover; bake 10 minutes longer or until filling is bubbly. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Honey Spiced Acorn Squash
Reviewed Nov. 7, 2011
"Very simple and very good taste. Just the right amount of butter and honey which really complimented the squash. I love recipes that allow the star ingredient to stand out. I'll be making this again."
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC