Honey Spiced Acorn Squash
"I've made this simple side dish for more than 35 years," says Alpha Wilson of Roswell, New Mexico. Cinnamon and ginger give a nice spiced flavor to the moist tender squash halves. You can use up the extra squash in the two recipes that follow.—Alpha Wilson, Roswell, New Mexico
4 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 70 min.
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 medium acorn squash
- In a large bowl, combine the honey, butter, salt, cinnamon and
- ginger. Cut squash in half; discard the seeds. Fill squash halves
- with butter mixture.
- Place in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Cover and bake
- at 375° for 1 hour or until squash is tender. Uncover; bake 10
- minutes longer or until filling is bubbly.
- Yield: 4 servings.