Honey-Pecan Kiwi Salad
This dish won second place in a summer salad recipe feature published in our local newspaper. But it takes first place with my family, who loves to try all my new creations.
4-6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 5 cups torn Boston lettuce
- 3 kiwifruit, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup Diamond of California Chopped Pecans, toasted
- 2 tablespoons vanilla yogurt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- In a large bowl, combine the lettuce, kiwis and pecans. In a small
- bowl, mix yogurt, lemon juice, oil and honey until smooth. Pour over
- salad and toss. Serve immediately. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 100 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 8 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.