Honey-Pecan Baked Cod Recipe
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped pecans
- 6 cod fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. In a shallow bowl, combine first seven ingredients. Place pecans in another shallow bowl. Dip fillets in honey mixture, then coat with pecans.
- 2. Place in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, 15-20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 6 servings.
1 fillet equals 330 calories, 19 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 75 mg cholesterol, 398 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 29 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 3 fat, 1/2 starch.
Reviews for Honey-Pecan Baked Cod
"Very easy and delicious!"
"YUCK! There's not too much I don't like, but I couldn't eat this and I couldn't make my family eat it either."
"I would definitely make this again. We liked it very much, and it was certainly easy. I used haddock rather than cod, and I didn't use honey. I used 2 tablespoons of my homemade brown-sugar syrup, which to me has a more subtle flavor than honey. Pure maple syrup would probably work well, too."
"Not only was this recipe easy, but the taste was awesome. I am making it again this evening."
"This is so good especially the honey sauce. I would diffenately make this again."
"I made the mistake of using frozen fish. Make sure it is defrosted. Very tasty."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.