Honey Oat Muffins Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup raisins, optional
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, optional
- 1. In a bowl, combine the oats, flour, brown sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, combine egg, milk, oil and honey. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in raisins and walnuts if desired.
- 2. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 400° for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 189 calories, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 263 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Honey Oat Muffins
"I really love the way these turned out...I added the walnuts but not the raisins and also added few shakes of cinnamon and these smelled divine baking...served them with a little honey drizzled on top and WOW, the 3 kids were begging for more!! Adding this recipe to my book! Thanks!!"
"These were very good. I didn't have any quick oats so I pulsed some old fashioned oats in a food processor and it seemed to work out fine! I also did not add any raisins or nuts, but I can see that they would be good. I plan to make these again."