Honey-Lime Pork Chops Recipe
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 boneless pork loin chops (4 ounces each)
- 3/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon lime juice
- 1/8 teaspoon browning sauce
- Dash pepper
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first four ingredients. Add pork chops. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. Grill chops, covered, over medium heat or broil 4-5 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let meat stand for 5 minutes before serving.
- 3. For sauce, combine the broth, garlic, honey, lime juice, browning sauce and pepper in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into broth mixture. Return to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with pork chops. Yield: 6 servings.
One serving (1 pork chop with 2 tablespoons sauce) equals 200 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 71 mg cholesterol, 884 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 26 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1/2 fruit.
Reviews for Honey-Lime Pork Chops
"These pork chops were packed with flavor! Bottled lime juice works fine. We omitted browning sauce since I never use it.~ Theresa"
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.