Honey Lemon Muffins Recipe
Honey’s subtle sweetness comes through in every bite of these moist little muffins, providing the perfect counterpoint to the bright taste of lemon. Rachel Hart - Wildomar, California
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Additional grated lemon peel
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flours, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, combine the egg, honey, lemon juice, butter and lemon peel. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- 2. Coat muffin cups with cooking spray or use paper liners; fill one-half full with batter.
- 3. Bake at 375° for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
- 4. In a small bowl, combine confectioners' sugar and lemon juice; drizzle over warm muffins. Sprinkle with additional lemon peel. Yield: 10 muffins.
1 muffin equals 178 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 33 mg cholesterol, 171 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC