- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Additional grated lemon peel
- In a large bowl, combine the flours, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, combine the egg, honey, lemon juice, butter and lemon peel. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Coat muffin cups with cooking spray or use paper liners; fill one-half full with batter.
- Bake at 375° for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, combine confectioners' sugar and lemon juice; drizzle over warm muffins. Sprinkle with additional lemon peel. Yield: 10 muffins.
Reviews forHoney Lemon Muffins
"I got the muffins in the oven and tasted a little of the leftover batter. Compared to the muffins, there's a lot more lemon flavor in the batter and there's more honey flavor in the muffins. I think I'd make a bit more of the glaze to coat them a little better. I used a lemon that I squeezed the juice out of and got 1/2 cup of juice, so I doubled the recipe and got 16 muffins from it. One other thing I'll have to make sure about next time is being more careful with the mixing. I mixed it the way I've mixed muffins before, but this particular one I have to stop mixing earlier. The dry soaks up the liquid, so you don't have to mix it as much. I really like these though, although I might have a bit more lemon juice so it's stronger in the finished product."
"How can you can this recipe "healthy" when it contains all-purpose flour? If I do decide to try the recipe I'll use whole wheat pastry flour."
"I liked the taste of these muffins and they were easy to make but they were a little bit on the dry side."
"These tasted more like cornbread muffins with a hint of lemon. I couldn't taste the honey. I frosted them with vanilla frosting which added more dimension to them. However, they are so easy to make that I would make them again."