Honey Baked Apples Recipe
- 2-1/4 cups water
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 6 large tart apples
- 1 cup golden raisins
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- 1. In a small saucepan, bring water, brown sugar and honey to a boil. Remove from the heat.
- 2. Core apples and peel the top third of each. Place in an ungreased 9-in. pie plate. Fill apples with raisins; sprinkle any remaining raisins into pan. Pour sugar syrup over apples.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour or until tender, basting occasionally. Serve with ice cream if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 334 calories, 1g fat (trace saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 14mg sodium, 87g carbohydrate (76g sugars, 7g fiber), 1g protein
Reviews for Honey Baked Apples
"I guess it tasted good. But the sauce is WAY too watery. Nowhere near a syrup. I would add way less water if I make this again."
"I wish I'd made a recipe with cinnamon -- not enough flavor for me. Didn't like how the raisins 'bloated'. The flavor appeared to be in the bottom of the pan. I basted every 10 minutes. The basting was a hassle and didn't seem to bring any flavor. I'll try a different recipe next time."