- 2-1/4 cups water
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 6 large tart apples
- 1 cup golden raisins
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- In a small saucepan, bring water, brown sugar and honey to a boil. Remove from the heat.
- Core apples and peel the top third of each. Place in an ungreased 9-in. pie plate. Fill apples with raisins; sprinkle any remaining raisins into pan. Pour sugar syrup over apples.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour or until tender, basting occasionally. Serve with ice cream if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forHoney Baked Apples
"I guess it tasted good. But the sauce is WAY too watery. Nowhere near a syrup. I would add way less water if I make this again."
"I wish I'd made a recipe with cinnamon -- not enough flavor for me. Didn't like how the raisins 'bloated'. The flavor appeared to be in the bottom of the pan. I basted every 10 minutes. The basting was a hassle and didn't seem to bring any flavor. I'll try a different recipe next time."