Homemade Strawberry Syrup
This recipe is a spin-off of my dad's homemade syrup. Our son requests it with fluffy pancakes whenever he and his family come to visit.
—Nancy Dunaway, Springfield, Illinois
15 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1-1/2 cups mashed unsweetened strawberries
- In a saucepan, bring sugar and water to a boil. Gradually add
- strawberries; return to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for
- 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve over pancakes, waffles or
- ice cream. Yield: about 2-1/2 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 2 tablespoons equals 57 calories, trace fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, trace sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.