Homemade Spanish Rice Recipe
Instant rice an convenient canned goods simplify the stovetop preparation of this tangy side dish from Flo Burtnett of Gage, Oklahoma. Its traditional taste makes it a perfect accompaniment to the Mexican-style entree.
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 3/4 cup tomato juice
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1. In a large skillet, saute onion and green pepper in oil until tender. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 119 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 240 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC