Homemade Spanish Rice Recipe
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 3/4 cup tomato juice
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1. In a large skillet, saute onion and green pepper in oil until tender. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup: 119 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 240mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Homemade Spanish Rice
"I have made this' twice. Love it! Much better than restaurant Spanish rice and easy to make."
"I made this tonight. My husband and I both liked it. I used petite diced tomatoes and a small can of Spicy V-8 instead of the tomato juice. It was really good and easy to make."
"Just made this 2 nights ago along with Easy chicken Enchiladas. This was so easy to prepare. I used a little can of V-8 juice since that's what I had on hand. Next time, I will use a can of diced tomatoes instead of the stewed tomatoes because the extra large chunks overpowered the rice. I will make this again!"