Homemade Spanish Rice
Instant rice an convenient canned goods simplify the stovetop preparation of this tangy side dish from Flo Burtnett of Gage, Oklahoma. Its traditional taste makes it a perfect accompaniment to the Mexican-style entree.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup uncooked Minute® White Rice
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 3/4 cup tomato juice
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- In a large skillet, saute onion and green pepper in oil until tender.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil; reduce heat.
- Simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid
- is absorbed. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 119 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 240 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.