- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 3/4 cup tomato juice
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- In a large skillet, saute onion and green pepper in oil until tender. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forHomemade Spanish Rice
"easy to make. A nice accompaniment for a Mexican entry."
"I have made this' twice. Love it! Much better than restaurant Spanish rice and easy to make."
"I made this tonight. My husband and I both liked it. I used petite diced tomatoes and a small can of Spicy V-8 instead of the tomato juice. It was really good and easy to make."
"Just made this 2 nights ago along with easy chicken Enchiladas. This was so easy to prepare. I used a little can of V-8 juice since that's what I had on hand. Next time, I will use a can of diced tomatoes instead of the stewed tomatoes because the extra large chunks overpowered the rice. I will make this again!"