Homemade Smoked Almonds Recipe
- 1 egg white
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons celery salt
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 3 cups whole unblanched almonds, toasted and cooled
- 1. In a bowl, whisk egg white until foamy. Add garlic powder, celery salt, salt and liquid smoke; stir until blended. Add almonds and stir until well coated. Evenly spread almonds in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray.
- 2. Bake at 300° for 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes. Cool. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 3 cups.
0.330 cup: 285 calories, 25g fat (2g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 415mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 5g fiber), 11g protein
Reviews for Homemade Smoked Almonds
"It's really yummy. I think I would add a bit more salt next time."
"I've been making these since I first found the recipe in a Betty Rosbottom cookbook. They're the only reason I keep a bottle of liquid smoke in the pantry!"