Homemade Smoked Almonds Recipe
Mom passed this recipe on to me— much to my husband's delight! We like to take the flavorful nuts to all sorts of gatherings, from fancy holiday affairs to casual luncheons.
- 1 egg white
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons celery salt
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 3 cups whole unblanched almonds, toasted and cooled
- 1. In a bowl, whisk egg white until foamy. Add garlic powder, celery salt, salt and liquid smoke; stir until blended. Add almonds and stir until well coated. Evenly spread almonds in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray.
- 2. Bake at 300° for 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes. Cool. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 3 cups.
1 serving (0.330 cup) equals 285 calories, 25 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 415 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 11 g protein.
Reviews for Homemade Smoked Almonds
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC