Homemade Seasoned Rice Mix Recipe
- 3 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 6 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1/4 cup dried parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup rice mix (above)
- 1. Combine all ingredients in a storage container with a tight-fitting lid. Yield: about 3-1/2 cups.
- 2. To prepare rice as a side dish: Combine 2 cups water and 1 tablespoon butter in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Stir in one rounded cup of rice mix. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 99 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 242mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Homemade Seasoned Rice Mix
"This recipe is okay. I didn't think it had enough seasoning. I might actually add more bouillon granules next time."
"This is a staple in our household! Complements everything, especially chicken or fish and fresh veggies."
"It was bit salty so I think I'll cut the seasonings down next time, but will for sure make again!"
"To reduce the sodium in this, and not lose a bit of the flavor, just sub the 6 t of chicken bouillion crystals for 2 envelopes of Herbox Low , or no, sodium chicken flavor packets. You can cook the rice mix in water, with just 1 t of salt added, but really it is not needed, and you'll never miss it. You can also get blow sodium beef crystals."
"This is very tasty. Nice to have on hand in the pantry."