Homemade Seasoned Rice Mix
—Marcia Hostetter, Canton, New York
21 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 5 min.
- 3 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 6 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1/4 cup dried parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup rice mix (above)
- Combine all ingredients in a storage container with a tight-fitting
- lid. Yield: about 3-1/2 cups.
- To prepare rice as a side dish: Combine 2 cups water and 1 tablespoon
- butter in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Stir in one rounded cup of
- rice mix. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes. Yield:
- 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 99 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 242 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.