Homemade Fettuccine Recipe
This fresh fettuccine recipe will give you a real taste of Italy. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3-1/2 to 4 cups semolina flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup warm water
- 1. Combine 3-1/2 cups flour and salt in a large bowl. Make a well in the center. Pour water into well and stir together, forming a ball.
- 2. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 8-10 minutes, adding remaining flour if necessary to keep dough from sticking to surface and hands (dough will be stiff). Shape into a rectangle; cover and let rest for 30 minutes.
- 3. Divide dough into fourths. On a floured surface, roll each portion into a 16-in. x 8-in. rectangle. Dust dough with flour to prevent sticking while rolling. Cut crosswise into 1/8-in. slices. Separate noodles onto clean towels; let dry overnight (let dry in the shape the noodles will be stored in). Package dry pasta.
- 4. To cook fettuccine: Fill a Dutch oven three-fourths full with water. Bring to a boil. Add noodles; cook, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until tender. Drain. Yield: 1-1/4 pounds.
2 ounces: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Homemade Fettuccine
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC