VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3-1/2 to 4 cups semolina flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup warm water
- Combine 3-1/2 cups flour and salt in a large bowl. Make a well in the center. Pour water into well and stir together, forming a ball.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 8-10 minutes, adding remaining flour if necessary to keep dough from sticking to surface and hands (dough will be stiff). Shape into a rectangle; cover and let rest for 30 minutes.
- Divide dough into fourths. On a floured surface, roll each portion into a 16-in. x 8-in. rectangle. Dust dough with flour to prevent sticking while rolling. Cut crosswise into 1/8-in. slices. Separate noodles onto clean towels; let dry overnight (let dry in the shape the noodles will be stored in). Package dry pasta.
- To cook fettuccine: Fill a Dutch oven three-fourths full with water. Bring to a boil. Add noodles; cook, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until tender. Drain. Yield: 1-1/4 pounds.
Originally published as Homemade Fettuccine in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2012, p171
Reviews forHomemade Fettuccine
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 2, 2017
"It tastes very good, but takes to long to prep/cook."