Homemade Brownie Sundaes Recipe
- 2 cups butter, cubed
- 32 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 7 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 pound chopped walnuts, optional
- HOT FUDGE SAUCE:
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup baking cocoa
- Vanilla ice cream
- Whipped cream and maraschino cherries, optional
- 1. In a large heavy saucepan, melt butter and chocolate over low heat; stir until smooth. Cool.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat eggs and sugar on low speed until combined. Beat on medium-high until thickened and lemon-colored, about 12 minutes. Beat in vanilla and chocolate mixture. Fold in flour and salt just until blended (batter will be thick). Fold in walnuts if desired.
- 3. Transfer to two greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pans. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on wire racks for 15 minutes.
- 4. In a large saucepan, combine the cream, sugar and butter. Cook and stir until sugar is dissolved. Bring to a boil, without stirring. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3 minutes. Cool for 3 minutes.
- 5. Place cocoa in a heat-proof bowl. Carefully whisk hot liquid into cocoa until smooth (do not scrape pan). Cut brownies into squares; serve with ice cream and hot fudge sauce. Garnish with whipped cream and cherries if desired. Yield: 4 dozen (2 cups sauce).
1 brownie with 4-1/2 teaspoons hot fudge sauce (calculated without walnuts in batter and without ice cream and optional toppings) equals 283 calories, 18 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 153 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Homemade Brownie Sundaes
"The hot fudge sauce is out of this world.A good balance in taste of cream/cocoa."