Homemade Brownie Sundaes Recipe
- 2 cups butter, cubed
- 32 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 7 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 pound chopped walnuts, optional
- HOT FUDGE SAUCE:
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup baking cocoa
- Vanilla ice cream
- Whipped cream and maraschino cherries, optional
- 1. In a large heavy saucepan, melt butter and chocolate over low heat; stir until smooth. Cool.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat eggs and sugar on low speed until combined. Beat on medium-high until thickened and lemon-colored, about 12 minutes. Beat in vanilla and chocolate mixture. Fold in flour and salt just until blended (batter will be thick). Fold in walnuts if desired.
- 3. Transfer to two greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pans. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on wire racks for 15 minutes.
- 4. In a large saucepan, combine the cream, sugar and butter. Cook and stir until sugar is dissolved. Bring to a boil, without stirring. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3 minutes. Cool for 3 minutes.
- 5. Place cocoa in a heat-proof bowl. Carefully whisk hot liquid into cocoa until smooth (do not scrape pan). Cut brownies into squares; serve with ice cream and hot fudge sauce. Garnish with whipped cream and cherries if desired. Yield: 4 dozen (2 cups sauce).
1 each: 283 calories, 18g fat (11g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 153mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Homemade Brownie Sundaes
"The hot fudge sauce is out of this world.A good balance in taste of cream/cocoa."