Holiday Pound Cake with Strawberry Topping Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2-1/2 cups sugar
- 5 eggs
- 3 cups cake flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Strawberry ice cream topping
- Sliced fresh strawberries, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, cream the butter, shortening, cream cheese and butter until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in extracts. Combine the dry ingredients; add to creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk, beating well after each addition.
- 2. Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 325° for 1 hour and 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Serve with strawberry topping and fresh strawberries if desired. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 419 calories, 21 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 104 mg cholesterol, 267 mg sodium, 52 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 5 g protein.
Reviews for Holiday Pound Cake with Strawberry Topping
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.