Holiday Cranberry Gelatin Salad Recipe
"This light, delicious holiday salad is very popular in my family and has been requested every year since I first brought it to Christmas Eve dinner. The refreshing, not-too-sweet flavor is a perfect pairing with just about any meat." –Jennifer Mastnick, Hartville, Ohio
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. + chilling YIELD:12 servings
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) raspberry gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water, divided
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1. In a small bowl, dissolve gelatin in 1 cup boiling water. In another bowl, combine cranberry sauce and remaining water; add gelatin mixture and lemon juice. Pour into a 13-in. x 9-in. dish coated with cooking spray; refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat cream until stiff peaks form. In another bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Stir in 1/2 cup whipped cream; fold in remaining whipped cream. Spread over gelatin mixture; sprinkle with pecans. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Yield: 12 servings.
1 piece equals 241 calories, 14 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 34 mg cholesterol, 100 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC