Herbed New Potatoes Recipe
"I make these potatoes often for my husband and me. They're easy to prepare and have a nice dill flavor," writes Vi Neiding of South Milwaukee, Wisconsin. "We eagerly await the start of farmers market season to get garden-fresh new potatoes."
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Cook: 20 min. YIELD:2 servings
- 3/4 pound small red potatoes
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 2 teaspoons snipped fresh dill or 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 2 teaspoons minced chives
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash lemon juice
- 1. Remove a strip of peel from the middle of each potato. Place potatoes in a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until tender.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Drain potatoes; add butter mixture and toss gently. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 188 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 367 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC