Herbed Harvest Vegetable Casserole Recipe
I belong to a cooking club, so I try a lot of new recipes. This one has become one of my favorites. I hope your family enjoys it as much as mine does!
- 4 new potatoes, cut in 1/4-inch slices
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh sage or 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh tarragon or 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 3 sweet red bell peppers, seeded and diced
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup uncooked long-grain rice
- 3 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
- 4 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1. Grease a 2-1/2-qt. baking dish and arrange half the potato slices in overlapping rows. Dot with half the butter. Sprinkle with half the sage, tarragon, peppers, onion, rice and zucchini. Dot with remaining butter and repeat layering.
- 2. Cover and bake at 350° for 1-1/2 hours or until potatoes are tender. Uncover; top with tomato slices and cheese. Bake 10 minutes longer or until tomatoes are warm and cheese is melted. Remove from oven; cover and let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 206 calories, 10 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 28 mg cholesterol, 105 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 7 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC