Herbed Corn and Carrots
Bail, parsley and onion salt dress up this simple veggie medley in moments. It has so much flavor, you'd never guess it could be that easy! —Heidi Hall, North St. Paul, Minnesota
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen corn
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 3/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine the corn, carrot and water.
- Cover and microwave on high for 6-8 minutes or until vegetables are
- tender. Drain. Add butter and seasonings, stirring until butter is
- melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 184 calories, 9 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 303 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein.