Hearty Taco Dip
"I created this dip by accident one day when I wanted to make a taco casserole but discovered I didn't have all the ingredients," writes Claudia Jacobsen from Luverne, North Dakota.
48 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- Dash pepper
- 1 pound process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1 bottle (8 ounces) taco sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- Tortilla chips
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, cook beef, onion and pepper
- until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the cheese, taco sauce and
- water; stir until cheese is melted. Stir in the tomato, green pepper
- and olives. Serve warm with chips. Yield: 6 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 56 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 155 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.