- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- Dash pepper
- 1 pound process cheese product, cubed
- 1 bottle (8 ounces) taco sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- Tortilla chips
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, cook beef, onion and pepper until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the cheese, taco sauce and water; stir until cheese is melted. Stir in the tomato, green pepper and olives. Serve warm with chips. Yield: 6 cups.
Reviews forHearty Taco Dip
"This is similar to a dip I've been making for 20 years. I use a half pound of mild (or you can use medium or hot) ground sausage, 1 can Rotel original undrained and a pound of Velveeta. Cook the sausage until crispy browned and drain. Pour into a microwave dish and stir in cubed Velveeta and Rotel. Cover and micro on high for 1 1/2 minutes. Stir and if needed, keep heating for 20 seconds on med high until melted and hot. Serve with nacho chips or veggies. Everyone loves this!Also delicious for filling Texas style omelets."
"Great recipe. Full of flavor. My family loves it!!"
"This recipe was AWESOME! We served it with Frito Scoops. This has become a family favorite and hope to make it at all our family gatherings."
"Great recipe. We will be having this again and again."
"I cannot believe someone has not left a review for this recipe it is the best, my bunch loves this one, if you have not made it and hesitant to try "do it" you will not be dissappointed, since this recipe came out I have been making it."