Hearty Sausage 'n' Hash Browns Recipe
Sausage adds smoky flavor and green pepper lends color to this quick-fixing and scrumptious skillet dish. It's just as perfect for a late-night supper as it is for breakfast! —Violet Beard, Marshall, Illinois
- 4 cups frozen cubed hash brown potatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/4 pound smoked sausage, halved lengthwise and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 3 slices process American cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, cook potatoes and pepper in oil over medium heat until potatoes are golden brown. Stir in sausage; heat through. Remove from heat; top with cheese. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 3 servings.
1 cup equals 477 calories, 39 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 39 mg cholesterol, 695 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 12 g protein.
Reviews for Hearty Sausage 'n' Hash Browns
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC