Hearty Sausage 'n' Hash Browns Recipe
- 4 cups frozen cubed hash brown potatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/4 pound smoked sausage, halved lengthwise and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 3 slices process American cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, cook potatoes and pepper in oil over medium heat until potatoes are golden brown. Stir in sausage; heat through. Remove from heat; top with cheese. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 3 servings.
1 cup: 477 calories, 39g fat (11g saturated fat), 39mg cholesterol, 695mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 12g protein.
Reviews for Hearty Sausage 'n' Hash Browns
"use tatertot frozen potatoes ,add onion lots of garlic,our own local sausage and a few eggs put the whole thing in the oven and cook it for about half an hour or longer,depends on what I put in it.Good recipe and very delicious but mine is better."
"Love this recipe as is, but usally add onions to it and on occasion jalapenos as 3 out of 4 members of my family are pepper heads! Sometimes I crack 4 eggs into little indentions I've made before add the cheese and letting them steam cook till done to our taste, then add the cheese and let it melt! YUMMY!"
"I used red bell pepper with sharp chedder cheese and Italian sausage just to kick it up in spice and color....good hash."
"I added some onions,garlic salt, salt & pepper & still thought it was a little bland, however my family really enjoyed this recipe. No leftovers! Will make again."
"This is great any time, not just breakfast! We're not pepper fans so I use onions instead. It is another new standby at our house."