Hearty Sausage 'n' Hash Browns
Sausage adds smoky flavor and green pepper lends color to this quick-fixing and scrumptious skillet dish. It's just as perfect for a late-night supper as it is for breakfast! —Violet Beard, Marshall, Illinois
3 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 cups frozen cubed hash brown potatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/4 pound Johnsonville® Smoked Sausage, halved lengthwise and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 3 slices process American cheese
- In a large skillet, cook potatoes and pepper in oil over medium heat
- until potatoes are golden brown. Stir in sausage; heat through.
- Remove from heat; top with cheese. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes
- or until cheese is melted. Yield: 3 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 477 calories, 39 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 39 mg cholesterol, 695 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 12 g protein.