Hearty Ham Pie
I've been making this pie for a few years now. I like to vary the vegetables and meat depending on what I have on hand. I've made it with leftover turkey, sausage and lamb roast. In summer, it's a perfect brunch meal with a salad; in winter, add a loaf of homemade bread for a great dinner.
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh broccoli
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups chopped fully cooked ham, divided
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese, divided
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 4 Eggland's Best Eggs, beaten
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- In a saucepan, saute the broccoli, green pepper, mushrooms, onion and
- garlic in oil until tender. Sprinkle half of the ham and cheese into
- pie crust. Cover with the vegetables and the remaining ham and
- cheese. Combine eggs and cream; pour over ham and cheese. Bake at
- 350° for 45-50 minutes or until knife inserted near the center
- comes out clean. If needed, cover edge of crust with foil to prevent
- excess browning. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 460 calories, 30 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 218 mg cholesterol, 864 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 23 g protein.