- 1/2 cup chopped fresh broccoli
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups chopped fully cooked ham, divided
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Swiss cheese, divided
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- In a saucepan, saute the broccoli, green pepper, mushrooms, onion and garlic in oil until tender. Sprinkle half of the ham and cheese into pie crust. Cover with the vegetables and the remaining ham and cheese. Combine eggs and cream; pour over ham and cheese. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until knife inserted in the center comes out clean. If needed, cover edge of crust with foil to prevent excess browning. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forHearty Ham Pie
"Very, very good. Left out the peppers, but made no other changes. My husband loved it."
"Very good. I really enjoyed it."