Hearty Ham and Potato Omelet Recipe
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 cup diced fully cooked ham
- 1 cup diced cooked potato
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1 bacon strip, cooked and crumbled
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1. In a 10-in. nonstick skillet, melt 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Add ham and potato; cook and stir until potato is lightly browned. Stir in the cheese, milk, horseradish and bacon; cook until cheese is melted. Remove and keep warm.
- 2. In the same skillet, melt remaining butter. In a bowl, beat the eggs, water, salt and pepper. Pour into skillet; cook over medium heat. As eggs set, lift the edges, letting uncooked portion flow underneath. When eggs are nearly set, spoon potato mixture over half of the omelet. Fold omelet over filling. Cover and cook for 1-2 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 555 calories, 39 g fat (19 g saturated fat), 527 mg cholesterol, 1,635 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 31 g protein.
Reviews for Hearty Ham and Potato Omelet
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.