Hearty Cheese and Vegetable Soup Recipe
THICK and creamy, this soup is chock full of rich, cheese flavor. I came home with this recipe after an exchange at my church several years ago and I have shared it with many. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do.
- 1-1/2 cups cubed peeled potatoes
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup sliced celery
- 1/4 cup sliced fresh carrots
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 pound process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine the first nine ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine flour and milk until smooth. Stir into vegetable mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat to low; stir in cheese until melted. Yield: 2 servings.
1 cup equals 366 calories, 18 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 65 mg cholesterol, 1,300 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 15 g protein.
Reviews for Hearty Cheese and Vegetable Soup
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC