Hearty Cheese and Vegetable Soup Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups cubed peeled potatoes
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup sliced celery
- 1/4 cup sliced fresh carrots
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 pound process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine the first nine ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine flour and milk until smooth. Stir into vegetable mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat to low; stir in cheese until melted. Yield: 2 servings.
1 cup equals 366 calories, 18 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 65 mg cholesterol, 1,300 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 15 g protein.
Reviews for Hearty Cheese and Vegetable Soup
"Very good and if you like you can add cubed leftover ham to this soup."
"An easy, go to, soup that I enjoy very much. Great flavor for the few ingredients this has."
"We love this soup. I make it quite often for my husband and I! PLUS it's so easy to make!"
"LOVE this easy to make soup!"
"Loved this recipe! Great flavor, easy to make."
"I thought this recipe was very flavorful and easy to make. An alteration to this recipe that I suggest is to equally substitute thyme for the parsley."
"This sounded like it would be good but it was outstanding. I even made it with FF milk. So much flavor. I probably added more veggies than called for but that only enhanced the flavor."