Hazelnut Shortbread Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup or honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 cups finely chopped hazelnuts
- 1/2 cup each white, red, green, yellow and dark chocolate candy coating disks
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add syrup and vanilla. Beat in flour just until combined; fold in nuts. Shape into two 1-1/2-in. rolls; wrap tightly in waxed paper. Chill for 2 hours or until firm.
- 2. Cut into 1/4-in. slices and place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 325° for 14-16 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- 3. In separate microwave-safe bowls, melt candy coating disks; stir until smooth. Drizzle over cookies. Let stand until set. Yield: 6 dozen.
2 each: 170 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 75mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein .
Reviews for Hazelnut Shortbread
"My husbands new favorite cookie!!"
"I used filberts since that is what I had in the freezer. These cookies are small. They didn't spread out much at all. The flavor and texture are very nice."