- 1 cup butter (no substitutes), softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup or honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 cups finely chopped hazelnuts or filberts
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add syrup and vanilla. Add flour and mix just until combined; fold in the nuts. Shape into two 1-1/2-in. rolls; wrap tightly in waxed paper. Chill for 2 hours or until firm.
- Cut into 1/4-in. slices and place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 325° for 14-16 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Melt chocolate chips; drizzle over cookies. Allow chocolate to harden. Yield: 6 dozen.
Reviews forHazelnut Shortbread
"My husbands new favorite cookie!!"
"I used filberts since that is what I had in the freezer. These cookies are small. They didn't spread out much at all. The flavor and texture are very nice."