- until center is almost set (top of cheesecake may crack). Cool on a
- wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan
- to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight.
- For sauce, combine the sugar and cornstarch in a large saucepan.
- Stir in the pineapple. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes
- or until thickened. Add food coloring if desired. Cover and
- refrigerate overnight.
- Spread pineapple sauce over cheesecake. Garnish with mint and orchids
- if desired. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Editor's Note: Be sure to use edible orchids. They can be found in many specialty food stores.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 297 calories, 18 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 92 mg cholesterol, 137 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.