Hawaiian Cheesecake Recipe
- 1-3/4 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- PINEAPPLE SAUCE:
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 drop yellow food coloring
- Fresh mint and edible orchids for garnish, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the coconut and butter. Press onto the bottom of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, sugar and flour until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in sour cream and vanilla until blended. Pour filling onto crust.
- 3. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until center is almost set (top of cheesecake may crack). Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight.
- 4. For sauce, combine the sugar and cornstarch in a large saucepan. Stir in the pineapple. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add food coloring if desired. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 5. Spread pineapple sauce over cheesecake. Garnish with mint and orchids if desired. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 piece: 297 calories, 18g fat (12g saturated fat), 92mg cholesterol, 137mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Hawaiian Cheesecake
"i amde this for a library potluck and we all loved it. it was really great to have a taste of the trpoic in the dead of winter/"
"Easy to make and everyone lived it! My first cheesecake, and it turned out delicious."
"Even though my cheesecake wasn't quite done in my opinion, I heard so much ranting and raving over how extremely good it was!"