Hamburger Vegetable Soup
When my family's in the mood for soup, this is the recipe I reach for. They love the unique combination.Diana Frizzle, Knowlton, Quebec
10 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 50 min.
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 cups beef broth
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 cup cubed peeled potatoes
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a large saucepan or dutch oven, brown ground beef; drain. Add
- onion and cook until tender. Add remaining ingredients; bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer until vegetables are tender,
- about 45-60 minutes. Yield: 8-10 servings (2-1/2 quarts).