Ham Steak with Potatoes and Onions
The browned potato and onion mixture is a nice complement to ham in this country-style dinner. This recipe has made the rounds in my family for a number of years.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 large potato, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 boneless fully cooked ham steaks (5 ounces each)
- In a large skillet, cook potato and onion in oil over medium heat
- until potato is browned and tender. Stir in the vinegar, salt,
- pepper and thyme. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- In another skillet, cook ham steaks over medium heat until heated
- through. Serve with potato mixture. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (4 ounces) equals 473 calories, 23 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 60 mg cholesterol, 2,052 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 25 g protein.