Ham Steak with Potatoes and Onions Recipe
The browned potato and onion mixture is a nice complement to ham in this country-style dinner. This recipe has made the rounds in my family for a number of years.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:2 servings
- 1 large potato, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 boneless fully cooked ham steaks (5 ounces each)
- 1. In a large skillet, cook potato and onion in oil over medium heat until potato is browned and tender. Stir in the vinegar, salt, pepper and thyme. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- 2. In another skillet, cook ham steaks over medium heat until heated through. Serve with potato mixture. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (4 ounces) equals 473 calories, 23 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 60 mg cholesterol, 2,052 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 25 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC