Ham Steak with Potatoes and Onions Recipe
- 1 large potato, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 boneless fully cooked ham steaks (5 ounces each)
- 1. In a large skillet, cook potato and onion in oil over medium heat until potato is browned and tender. Stir in the vinegar, salt, pepper and thyme. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- 2. In another skillet, cook ham steaks over medium heat until heated through. Serve with potato mixture. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 473 calories, 23g fat (5g saturated fat), 60mg cholesterol, 2052mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 4g fiber), 25g protein
Reviews for Ham Steak with Potatoes and Onions
"I didn't have a potatoe, so I used a carrot instead. Fast and easy dinner!"
"I used a sweet potato, it came out great. I'll use the potato recipe for a base on other meals."
"I didn't try the ham, but I did use this recipe for the pototoes. They turned out great. This is a keeper!"