- 1 large baking potato
- 1 medium red onion
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 ham steak (about 1/2 pound)
- Peel potato; slice lengthwise into quarters, then widthwise into 1/4-in. slices. Repeat with onion. In a skillet over medium heat, saute potato and onion in oil for 2 minutes. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10 minutes or until potato is crisp-tender. Uncover; increase heat to high. Cook and stir for 6-8 minutes or until potato is browned. Sprinkle with vinegar, salt, pepper and thyme. Meanwhile, in another skillet, saute ham steak over medium heat until browned and heated through. To serve, place ham on a platter and spoon potato and onion over the top. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forHam Steak with Potatoes and Onions
"Really enjoyed the onion/potato mixture, used sweet potatoes but will try white potatoes next time."
"I used a sweet potato, it came out great. I'll use the potato recipe for a base on other meals."
"I didn't try the ham, but I did use this recipe for the pototoes. They turned out great. This is a keeper!"