Ham Potato Puffs Recipe
From York, Pennsylvania, Brad Eichelberger writes, "This is a different way to use up leftover mashed potatoes. It was an instant hit with our teenagers." Tip: "Serve with steamed green beans, cauliflower or broccoli," he says.
- 1 tube (12 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 cup leftover mashed potatoes
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1. Press each biscuit onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased muffin cup. In a large bowl, combine the ham, potatoes, 1/2 cup cheese, parsley and garlic powder.
- 2. Spoon 1/4 cup into each prepared cup. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 10 puffs.
1 potato puff equals 165 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 592 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 8 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC