Ham & Cheese Ziti Recipe
This versatile dish is a crowd-pleaser. You can easily take the recipe and make it your own by changing up the cheeses or veggie. My family loves it! —Donna Bailey, Oreland, Pennsylvania
- 1 package (16 ounces) ziti
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded white cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1. Prepare ziti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, melt butter. Stir in flour until smooth; gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; add the cheeses, garlic powder and pepper. Cook and stir until cheese is melted.
- 2. Drain ziti; add to sauce mixture. Stir in ham and spinach. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
1-1/2 cups equals 676 calories, 28 g fat (17 g saturated fat), 106 mg cholesterol, 1,306 mg sodium, 70 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 37 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC