- 1 package (16 ounces) ziti
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 2 cups shredded white cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- Prepare ziti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, melt butter. Stir in flour until smooth; gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; add the cheeses, garlic powder and pepper. Cook and stir until cheese is melted.
- Drain ziti; add to sauce mixture. Stir in ham and spinach. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forHam & Cheese Ziti
"Great way to use left over ham."
"A good recipe to use up left over ham. This is comfort food. The white cheddar sauce is yummy. I made some adjustments that added more flavor and veggies: substituted broccoli for the spinach; added 1/4 cup diced onion and 1/2 cup sliced mushroom saut?ed in 1T butter; added salt, 1/2 tsp white pepper, 1/2 tsp onion powder to the sauce."
"Ok, this was pretty bland as written, so only 3 stars. BUT I jazzed it up by adding 1 teaspoon each of basil and oregano, a heaping tsp. of mittelscharf mustard, and a quarter cup of shredded emmental (swiss) cheese. Then I sliced and sauteed 7-8 mushrooms in butter, and sauteed the ham that I had sliced and re-sliced into thin, bite-sized pieces (no cubes). When mushrooms and ham were done and heated through, I added to the pasta and sauce. Heavenly!"
"This got a unamious thumbs up here. I did use regular cheddar instead of white only difference is the dye that makes it yellow. Cut the recipe in half for our small family. Some people may think it is little light on sauce, I ended up making a second batch of sauce."
"This recipe is pretty terrible. Be forewarned and do not try! You would be better off making your own favorite tried and true macaroni & cheese recipe and adding the diced ham. That's basically what this recipe is trying to be ... without the flavor. A real loser."
"easy to make. Used yellow cheddar vs white and next time will try the mustard as noted below for additional flavor to zest it up some."
"Amazing !! kids love it deff keeper in this house"
"We have made this a couple of times...tonight we added a good heaping tablespoon of dijon mustard and a heaping tablespoon of Louisiana hot sauce to the cheese sauce...Amazing! I thought there was a perfect amount of sauce for the pasta."
"We really enjoyed this recipe. I too had to use yellow cheddar. It's a shame that in the South it is nearly impossible to find :( I would certainly make this again. Thanks!"
"Could not find white chedder so used yellow. I also used fresh spinach. It was very good."