- 1 medium ripe avocado, halved, seeded and peeled
- 4-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 small tomato, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped green chilies
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- Tortilla chips
- 1. In a large bowl, mash avocado with lemon juice. Stir in the tomato, onion, chilies, garlic and salt if desired. Cover; chill. Serve with tortilla chips. Yield: about 1-1/2 cups.
1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 29 calories, 3 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 5 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, trace protein.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.